Windows 10 is the first step to an era of more personal computing, one in which Microsoft is moving Windows from its heritage of enabling a single device – the PC – to a world that is more mobile, natural, and grounded in trust. With Windows 10, applications, services, and content move across devices seamlessly and easily. Windows 10 features a universal app platform and universal store, providing a consistent experience across devices.
Experience the most powerful Windows yet. Key features include:
- Expanded Start menu: The familiar Start menu is back, providing quick, one-click access to the functions and files that people use most, and also a new space to personalize with favorite apps, programs, people, and websites.
- Apps that run in Windows: Apps from the Windows Store now open in the same format that desktop programs do. They can be resized and moved around, and they have title bars at the top, allowing users to maximize, minimize, and close with a click.
- Snap enhancements: Have up to four apps snapped on the same screen with a new quadrant layout. Windows will also show other apps and programs running for additional snapping, and even make smart suggestions about filling available screen space with other open apps.
- New task view button: The new task view button on the task bar enables one view for all open apps and files, allowing for quick switching and one-touch access to any desktops the user creates.
- Multiple desktops: Instead of too many apps and files overlapping on a single desktop, it's easy to create, and switch between, distinct desktops for different purposes and projects, whether for work, personal use, or both.